Uncategorized

Quote of the week!

December 15, 2011

“Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!”

~Ronald Reagan, June 1987 near the Berlin Wall

(one of the reasons I’m able to be here, in this country)

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply Admin December 15, 2011 at 7:38 am

The full quote;

We welcome change and openness; for we believe that freedom and security go together, that the advance of human liberty can only strengthen the cause of world peace. There is one sign the Soviets can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace. General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization, come here to this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

• Reply Susi December 15, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Thanks, Hon… appreciate the extra step you took!!!!

• Reply Tami December 15, 2011 at 8:47 am

I remember watching on TV Ronald Reagan give this speech.

• Reply Susi December 15, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Really? I don’t really remember it at all… I was too young for one and still behind the wall!

• Reply Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell December 15, 2011 at 1:46 pm

That’s pretty neat, but how come I don’t remember any of it?!

• Reply Susi December 15, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Liz, I don’t really remember it either but it did have a profound effect on my life as you can see… I read up on it much later and thanks to my “know-it-all” hubby I’m well informed now!!! 🙂

• Reply RoryBore December 15, 2011 at 8:29 pm

One of the greatest moments in recent history for sure!

• Reply Susi December 15, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Yup. And I was right in the thick of it so to speak… not that I had a clue. I was way too young to care.

• Reply Tini December 15, 2011 at 9:53 pm

We saw him a couple years ago in Louisville holding a speech on the world economy. It was amazing!
    He ended his presentation with a Russian poem about peace. “MIR!”
    It brought tears to my eyes.
    He made it possible for us to be here! Cpaciba 🙂

• Reply Susi December 16, 2011 at 9:54 am

That’s awesome. I remember you telling me about that… We sure got lucky, didn’t we???

• Reply Rebecca December 17, 2011 at 10:23 am

AMEN and AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply Susi December 17, 2011 at 11:10 am

:)… Amazing the things that happened and how they affect one’s future!!!