Blog

It's been a year… FFFFF

March 2, 2012

It’s Friday again and you know what that means. Time to join Hilary at Feeling Beachie for her Follow Friday Four Fill in Fun hop. Can you believe it’s week 52 and she’s been doing it for one whole year!!! Amazing. So, each week Hilary lists four statements with blanks for us to fill in on our own blog. If you have any suggestions for statements, e-mail her… if she chooses yours she’ll make you co-host!!!
Photobucket

This weeks statements are :

1.       If I could meet one person living or dead, I would want to meet ___

2.       I find it hard to ___

3.       The last time _______ and _______ then _______

4.       Where are the ________________ when the ______________ are here?

And here are my answers:

1. If I could meet one person, living or dead, I would want to meet hubby’s grandpa. We met right after he passed away and our son is named after him. I hear so many stories about him and wish I could have known him.

2. I find it hard to get my hubby’s humor all the time. You’d think after almost 11 years of marriage I’d be used to it by now.

3. The last time my girls and I went for a walk with the dogs we saw a goose family and then a huge alligator in one of our lakes.

4. Where are the animal control guys when the alligators are here? (in one of the lakes)

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

• Reply Marti March 2, 2012 at 12:25 pm

I’m glad that I don’t have to worry about alligators. They are scary! Have a good day.

• Reply Susi March 2, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Thank you. You,too. So far we’ve been lucky and haven’t had any gators close to the house. But we’ve had some baby snakes in the pool!!! 🙂

• Reply Lucy March 2, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Oh, I understand wanting to meet a Grandparent that a child is named after, my daughter is named after my Grandmother, I never knew her but my mother spoke about her so much when I was growing up I wanted to name my daughter after her and my husband agreed.

Wow, alligators, yikes, those things would freak me out!

• Reply Susi March 2, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Thank you for stopping by. And yes, after hearing everyone on hubby’s side of the family tell stories I really wish I could have met him. The alligators are creepy and fascinating at the same time. 🙂

• Reply Brenda @ Fiction with a Purpose March 2, 2012 at 6:28 pm

OH MY! geese and dogs and gators! what a combination….
    I’m glad I don’t live too close to gator land!

• Reply Susi March 2, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Ha Ha Ha…it’s really not so bad. The gators stay in or close to the lakes and they are pretty awesome creatures… It’s the big snakes infesting the Everglades that bother me. I wouldn’t want to run across one of those. 🙂

• Reply Shannon March 2, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Thanks for visiting!

My hubby and I have been together 11 years also 🙂

• Reply Susi March 2, 2012 at 7:43 pm

That’s great. 🙂 Thanks for visiting me, too.

• Reply McGuffyAnn@McGuffy's Reader March 2, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Gators! That would make it interesting!!

• Reply Susi March 2, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Yes, it does make it interesting. Especially, when you see idiot kids run after a gator.

• Reply RoryBore March 2, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I remember when I visited Florida as a child and the people we stayed with had a swimming pool. we woke up in the morning and wanted to run straight away to the pool – my friend’s father got him just in time before leaping into their pool: where an alligator was happily doing his morning laps.
    I may have died just a little that day!
    Don’t feel bad about hubby’s humour — after 8 years, I don’t even pretend to listen to mines’ long winded stories anymore. just get to the end already. seriously — he’s a dreadful story teller sometimes.

• Reply Susi March 2, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Oh boy, I don’t know how I would feel about a gator in my pool. The baby snakes were bad enough! Yeah, guys and their humor… not so humorous!!! 🙂

• Reply Hilary March 3, 2012 at 8:10 am

Sweetheart cracks me up all the time… I feel bad I didn’t even talk to him the other day…..

• Reply Susi March 3, 2012 at 10:53 am

I’m sure he forgives you!!! 🙂

• Reply Jennifer March 3, 2012 at 11:28 pm

I love to see the alligators in the ponds in my parents’ neighborhood. But I sure don’t want to get close to them!!!

• Reply Susi March 4, 2012 at 10:39 am

Same here. They are fascinating to watch from a distance…

• Reply Karen Greenberg March 4, 2012 at 10:23 am

I have a hard time understanding my husband’s humor, too. Maybe it’s a guy/ gal thing?

• Reply Susi March 4, 2012 at 10:37 am