Blog

Daddy's Girls

April 17, 2012

“The first man a little girl falls in love with is her Dad.” ~ Unknown

“Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express.” ~ Joseph Addison

Here he is, the proud daddy with his girls. Both of whom have him wrapped nice and tight around their little fingers. They are in every sense of the word… daddy’s girls… both of them.

When they hear the door open early in the evening as he comes in after a long day at work, they run to him with squealing voices:” Daaaaaddy!” and jump into his arms for one of their monkey hugs.

Middle daughter goes to work with him every chance she has. And that new shirt that looks so good on him, middle daughter picked it out. She’s his fashion advisor.

Little one showers him with her little raspberry kisses but won’t give mommy the time of day. Only daddy can wash and brush her hair to perfection. A quick run to the store… she accompanies him. We visit him for lunch, she insists on sitting next to him… always.

My two princesses are daddy’s girls... ever since that first time they wrapped their little fists around his finger. Daddy is the one they fell asleep on and daddy is the one that chases the bad dreams away and protects them through a bad storm.

Daddy is their hero!

Linking up with Bianca at Bits of Bee…

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

• Reply Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell April 17, 2012 at 10:13 pm

It’s so cute that they love their daddy so much! Cute!

• Reply Susi April 17, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Thanks Liz. Yes, it is. It makes my heart melt.

• Reply Megan@MondayMorningMusings April 17, 2012 at 10:41 pm

It used to bother me that that’s how it is, exactly, with my daughter and husband. I felt left out, sort of. Then I realized I don’t have to wake up in the middle of the night…

• Reply Susi April 17, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Sometimes, it gives me a little twinge… but I have my boy and as much as he would hate to hear this… he’s a momma’s boy. 😉

• Reply Bits of Bee April 17, 2012 at 10:50 pm

It’s so very true, there is nothing that compares to the bond between a father and his daughter. It’s so sweet to watch my little girl and her daddy, it melts me! Thanks for linking up, lovely quotes and a cute pic too!

• Reply Susi April 17, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Isn’t it just the greatest? I decided to be a little more in depth with my Quotable Bits this week. 🙂

• Reply Jadzia@Toddlerisms April 18, 2012 at 8:50 am

So cute! I think the tiara really makes the picture. Oddly, in our family the girls are “mine” and it’s the boys who loooove Daddy.

• Reply Susi April 18, 2012 at 9:11 am

My boy adores his daddy, too. It’s just that the bond the girls have with him is so different and special.