I’m tired. But it’s a good tired – a relaxed, lethargic kind of tired. We spent the last few days in some great company. The hostess with the mostest – Hilary of FeelingBeachie – and I had some fun in the sun. Hilary and her husband Marc are down here visiting from New York and we got to spend some time with them. Middle was ecstatic to see her new best friend again and she couldn’t stop smiling when all of us had dinner together.
While the older two kids were in school hubby, little one and I snuck out for some more quality time and beach fun at the hotel Hilary and Marc stayed at.
Little One – four years old – took this picture of Hilary and I. Pretty good, right?
Hilary had to go into the water with my little girl because this Florida chick thinks its just too cold to go swimming right now! 🙂 And yes, I’m aware there is a snow storm happening as I write this in the North-East. What can I say, after going on 18 years in Florida my blood has thinned down from syrup to water.
This little buddy let me get real close to him. There were lots of seagulls around and they were pretty tame. It’s so much fun to watch them go about their business without a care in the world – walking in and out of the surf or soaring up in the bright, blue sky.
Hilary and I had some great conversations, bounced ideas of each other and talked BLOG! She can’t wait to get back home on her computer to answer all of your comments and visit you. While she enjoyed her much needed break from every day life and the work that still needs to be done after Hurricane Sandy – getting back to blogging is definitely on her mind.
And now, without further ado…
Follow Friday Four Fill in Fun
Each week, Hilary plans on listing four statements with a blank for us to fill in on our own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to her at Hilary(at)feelingbeachie(dot)com. If she uses them, she will add you as co-host to the hop! This week’s co-host is Tami from Empty Nest in Il – she came up with the last two statements!
Hilary would LOVE it if you could please help her spread the word about this hop…. So, please tweet, FaceBook share, and add the linky to your post…
This week’s statements:
1. When I am on the phone I have to ____
2. I have a ____
3. I started blogging to ________
4. My worst habit is _______
1. When I am on the phone I have to walk around or do something else with myself – folding laundry, sweeping the floor, dusting – all come to mind!
2. I have a house full of screaming kids… and there is only one that’s extra. Why is it they sometimes have to do everything at the top of their lungs?
3. I started blogging to (basically) stop annoying my husband and find an outlet for myself – and boy, did I ever find an outlet and so much more.
4. My worst habit is talking too much and talking over people.