Sometimes a walk on the beach with your teenage daughter is just what you need. The sand between your toes. Seagulls flying overhead. A breeze ruffling through your hair. The steady sound of the waves. Feeding our souls…
A good way to spend an afternoon before the craziness of the new school year starts…
I love to share photos and I love Instagram. I was one happy little blogger when Instagram became available on Android devices. I jumped, no leaped, on that particular social media bandwagon and have developed a new love affair/addiction with it. Because of this love affair I have decided to start my very own Sunday link up called… Picture Perfect Weekly!!! (I changed it from Sunday to weekly so it’s more clear that you can link up for the whole week and not just on Sundays!) I would love it if you would join me and share the treasures you captured with Instagram/phone camera/any other camera during the past week. I see a lot of fantastic, cute, funny and happy moments every day.
Share just one or many of your pictures and add a small description.
Just paste the badge into your post or sidebar and follow me… quick and simple. You can find me on Facebook, Twitter and of course, Instagram!
I look forward to seeing your treasured moments!!!
Here are some of my memories from the past 2 weeks:
Clockwise from top left:
1. My best friend came to visit over Labor Day weekend and we went to the west coast to visit my mom. Girls only. Here we are on Ft. Myers Beach enjoying the beautiful sunset.
2. A pelican. I took this pic for my friend Brenda who loves pelicans.
3. Little gator. We stopped at a rest area on Alligator Alley to see if there were any gators in the canal and this little fellow was waiting for us. My friend was super excited to see one in the wild. 🙂
4. Squirrel buddies. Saw these two playing on one of my morning walks. They were having the time of their lives. So fun.
5. You are never too old for friendship bracelets. I wear mine proudly.
6. This yummy Caprese salad was waiting for me when we got home after our fun weekend away. My hubby rocks.
7. Little One ready to go on our morning power walk. I finally got back into the swing of things. Much needed.
8. My boy at the pediatrician’s office. He was home sick most of the week. Poor thing… thankfully he is on the mend.
9. Middle playing with one of the masks at Cracker Barrel. Ready for a masquerade ball!!!
10. I made another hair bow. This time with all of her hair in a pony not just part of it. She loved it.
11. Dancing at the birthday party we went to today and showing off her moves.
12. After her first performance in her dance uniform… only thing missing… her silver pom poms. She’s my little dancing queen.
13. Meet Bertram, one of two new family members. He’s my boy’s new gerbil. Cute and funny little critter.
14. And this is Daisy saying “Hello”. Middle adopted her from school… the science lab had an over abundance of little hamsters if you know what I mean!!! 😉
15. Little One practicing her chopsticks skills at a favorite sushi restaurant.
16. Yes, I started rereading Twilight. Only two more months until Breaking Dawn Pt. 2 comes out… I’m super excited after seeing the new trailer at the VMAs on Thursday!!! Once a Twihard, always a Twihard!!! 😉
Yesterday, the family decided we wanted dinner on the water. One of our favorite places is the Old Key Lime House in Lake Worth, Florida. Traffic was so bad on the highway we decided to stick to local roads and ended up on Atlantic Ave. in Delray Beach. I love to go there… it’s great for a nice dinner out and a walk afterwards to look into shop windows and have an ice cream cone – which we did!
We ended up walking all the way down to the beach about a mile. Oh, the breeze was heavenly and with the sun down it was just glorious. The kids had fun running in and out of the water and digging in the sand. They didn’t want to leave, as usual…
My two big kids posing… Little One ran out of the shot at the last minute! The wall behind them has little spouts and water runs all over it. It looks really pretty and the picture doesn’t do it any justice.
Digging in the sand, fun for kids of any age… one of the only times all three of my kids played together without any arguments.
Middle wrote this in the sand, a great sentiment all of us share!!!
And here is my boy, without making a face or turning away… just his pretty baby blues and freckles. Love him.
Taking a break from all the craziness at home was nice, all of us together, relaxing and taking in the atmosphere.
The bathroom is tiled, waiting for the grout… we had another minor emergency tonight when Middle noticed water stains on the living room ceiling.
Let me tell you, I almost had a heart attack. But all is well, a small leak from the toilet valve (it was removed so they could tile the floor around it) that seeped into the ceiling over night.
Well, almost… Spring Break starts next week for my kids. It’s always been one of my favorite breaks of the year.
We usually don’t go anywhere special but just relax and enjoy this time off from the daily grind. We sleep in a little later, enjoy not having to do homework and just spend time together. There are some things we do each and every Spring Break, it’s become somewhat of a tradition.
Living in Florida the weather is just about perfect this time of year. As much as I love the summers off… it’s so hot that all you want to do is lounge in the pool or stay inside where it’s blissfully air-conditioned. During Spring Break it’s still cool enough that being outside, enjoying the sun and breeze, is a pleasure.
My girls enjoying some fishing time. They are quiet for a change. Don't want to scare those fish off.
One of the things that always seems to be on our to do list during this week is fishing. My kids love to go fishing… our neighborhood is dotted with lovely, well stocked lakes/ponds. Ever since the boy was about 4 years old this has become our thing. I can proudly say that I have caught a wide mouth bass or two and even some good-sized catfish. We “feed” the fish Nathan’s hotdogs and get lots of bites.
That first dip is always the best.
We also enjoy going to our club pool… it’s heated which makes it a great alternative to our own “frozen” backyard pool. I’m usually still too chicken to go in the water because it’s just not hot enough for my thinned down blood, yet. Some German I am!!! 🙂 But I enjoy sitting in one of the lounge chairs with a good book and keep an eye on the kids frolicking in the water. All 3 of mine seem to have been born water babies. They could go on and on and on…
Another activity that starts up again is our nightly bike ride through the neighborhood. Since it’s light out longer again we try to go for a family bike ride after dinner and look around to see if anything’s changed. I’ve always enjoyed this one and can’t wait for that first ride!!! Little one loves sitting on her co-pilot seat and feel the wind in her face and hair.
My beach babes.
I’m hoping we can also get some beach time in. As much as I love the beach we don’t go nearly often enough. But little one isn’t so little anymore so it might be more fun for all of us. Better make sure I have lots and lots of sunscreen… our fair German/Irish skin does not like too much sun exposure!
Can't believe we'll be sailing around on this.
This year there’s also a special treat for hubby and I at the end of the week. It’s my birthday that Friday so my mom is taking the kids for 2 nights, yes, 2 nights so hubs and I can get a little adult only time. I am super excited since we get to spend the day together by ourselves and enjoy a cruise on the American Victory. Remember that post? Click here if you need a refresher! Gosh, I can’t remember the last time we didn’t have at least one child over night. It’ll be so great. Thanks, mom!!! 🙂