We made it through another week and it’s another beautiful, glorious day here in South Florida. The past few days were a bit cold for my liking but just in time for the weekend, it warmed up again. Not that we have anything outdoorsy planned. Too much to do for that.
1. Last Saturday, we attended the annual Spring Fling at our school where the students get to show of their talents in the fine arts. It’s a whole day of art shows, drama, singing, dancing, food trucks, a carnival and a silent auction. It’s an amazing event and I love to watch my kids do their thing. Conner had some art work displayed, and did his magic behind the scenes for his stage craft class, Ally danced and sang her heart out. The lower school chorus, our Harmonizers, did an amazing rendition of This is Me from The Greatest Showman movie. There was not a dry eye in the house. Her music and drama teacher is truly amazing and so passionate about what she does. Ash made my heart stop with her graceful dancing. It’s such a joy to watch her pour herself into her craft. She has such natural talent and it amazes me!
2. Sunday our friends from Germany came to visit. They just got married in the most gorgeous Winter wonderland wedding and are now honeymooning here in Florida. We took them to see the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and had lunch at one of our favorite seafood restaurants, Schooner’s, also in Jupiter. I hadn’t gone up to the top of the light house in a while but climbed the 100 steps up and then down again. It wasn’t too bad, but I could definitely feel it in my legs after. Climbing uses much different muscles then walking for sure. The sight is worth it though. Just beautiful.
3. The two big kids have been helping out with the lower school play a few nights this past week and Ally went to see it one evening, so hubby and I went to dinner a deux. It was nice and sometimes, I get a glimpse of things to come. As the kids get older, these diners by ourselves are becoming more frequent. Sometimes, I feel a little lurch in my heart because of it but mostly, I just like to go with the flow and enjoy! We went to one of my favorite, local Thai and sushi restaurants, The Sea, and it didn’t disappoint. I tried their Thai duck salad for the first time and now I crave it all the time. So good!
4. And then I finally shared about our super amazing upcoming trip. We are going to Germany for Spring Break and I’m so excited that my belly has been doing flips for days now. I haven’t been “home” in 13 years and can’t wait to show the kids where I grew up, hug my family, see the sights and… freeze! Ok, that last part I’m not too excited about but it’s all part of the experiment and I did get to buy a few cute sweaters in anticipation. 🙂 I can’t wait to share pics and tell you all about it once we get back. If you’d like to follow along with all the fun, you can find me on Instagram or my Facebook page. I’ll be sure to share lots of pictures!
5. Last but not least, my 5 favorite pics from the past week!
From sunrise to sunset, this week sure delivered some shows. As much as I hate getting up in the dark, it’s lovely to see the sun come up.
Third time’s the charm and today, we were finally able to launch the hot air balloons that 8th grade built for one of their science projects for the year. It was perfect. Cool, no wind and blue skies. It went off without a hitch and all the balloons launched and flew high. And I only burnt one of my fingers. 🙂
Ally loves her daddy and last weekend I got to spend some time behind my camera and caught a few shots of them. Love these two!
Do you guys have any fun plans for the weekend? Or will it be more of a hunker down and snuggle up type? Well, either way, I hope you enjoy!