So first, a big Thank You to Melissa for thinking of me. As always, I appreciate the vote of confidence and the shout out. It’s a great thing when our fellow bloggers nominate us and let us know we are special to them in a way.
The rules, those pesky rules, are pretty simple for this one…
1. Thank the person who gave the award to you and link back to their blog.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 7 bloggers and let them know they’ve been awarded.
Here are 7 more things about me:
1. I love, love, love Vietnamese food, especially a soup called Pho! It’s the best.
2. I had chicken Pho instead of my usual beef today. OMGeee, it was delightful.
3. I don’t like that my hubby keeps the air at 68° at night. I’m sitting here in a thick robe and socks… and I live in Florida for Pete’s sake.
4. Sometimes, when I’m in a chocolaty mood I put Nutella on a teaspoon and eat it like that.
5. I decided to bake Apfelstrudel for middle daughters Family Festival at school. Thank goodness my mom is a champ at making strudel… she’ll give me pointers.
6. The next book I am going to read is in German. One of my best friends send it to me recently. Just because.
7. A few of my school friends from Germany live in the US now, too. It’s a small world. 🙂
Time to nominate 7 fabulous bloggers:
1. Marcie at Too Timid and Squeamish
2. Catrina at Kittyb78
3. Megan at Monday Morning Musings
4. Jackie at Not Wifezilla
5. Stacey at Real World Mom
6. Alexis at The Exhausted Mom
7. Shannon at Moments of Introspection
As always, no pressure, just a head nod from me to you because I like you. 🙂
Since my brain is mush and I can’t come up with anything original at the moment–thanks for the head cold Little One–I will answer some questions and maybe, just maybe, come up with another 10 random facts. Am I allowed to have help? But first I need to say thank you. A mere thank you just doesn’t seem enough… how about in bold and italics?… THANK YOU … yup that looks better. 🙂 A great big thank you to one of my fave bloggy friends, the wonderful, highly caffeinated and super talented word smith Rory from Time out for Mom. To get an award from her is super exciting to me. I adore her and look up to her and aspire to have her way with words (in my dreams).
First I must, yes, it’s a must, post the rules!
So, here are the rules:
1. Thank & link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Answer the form questions below.
3. Share ten random facts / thoughts about yourself.
4. Nominate (at least) 7 other blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
Favorite Song “With or Without you” by U2. First one that popped into my head. I also love “Set fire to the Rain” by Adele right now.
Favorite Dessert I have a huge sweet tooth so finding just one is tough. I’ll go with Key Lime Pie from the Fish House in Key Largo!!! It’s decadent.
What ticks me off Parents who involve your and their children in their squabbles. It’s a long story. Needless to say they are no longer around me and mine!!!
When I’m upset, I… usually pout and fume about it or you’ll know right away. I can get loud and have a potty mouth, too.
Favorite pet(s) We have 2 dogs and a cat. I love them all but always considered myself more of a dog person.
Black or White Black because it’s slimming!!! 🙂
Biggest Fear I’m a mom, so yes, it would definitely be something bad happening to one of the kids.
Everyday attitude Smile, even if you’re tired and cranky.
What is perfection? When you figure that one out, please, let me know. But a bubble bath, candles, soft music, a good book and an hour of peace and quiet sounds about perfect!!!
My guilty pleasures * see above. 🙂
Ok, not sure if my fogged-in brain can come up with 10 random facts, but I’ll give it a shot.
1. I love when hubby makes his chili… chili dog, anyone?
2. My little girl’s squealing laughter makes my heart sing.
3. I’m eternally grateful for my laptop… how else could I lounge on my bed and do this.
4. Tazo makes some awesome teas. Love their Chai.
5. Reading the Hunger Games right now. I hope to finish it before the movie comes out on my birthday!!!
6. I desperately need a haircut. I keep it short and can never, ever manage to grow it out. It’s hopeless. Oh well, I’m happy that I can rock the pixie cut!!! 🙂
7. Right now, my pooches are lounging on bed with me and keeping me company. They are also waiting for their night-time walk.
8. I know, I mentioned this before… I love Netflix, how else would we be able to watch Spiderman and his amazing friends (the cartoon version)????
9. Have I mentioned that I love doing Pilates? I have a bunch of different workout DVDs and switch them up depending on my mood.
10. As much as I love my pooches, doggie kisses and slobber are not welcome. Yuck!
Wow, I amaze myself sometimes, I came up with 10 more random things. Yippee.
The problem I now have is to decide who to give this award too. I just recently had to give this one and another one to 15 people… let’s see if I can come up with 7 lovely people who have not received this.
Here is the list of the 7 bloggers I’m handing the award over to…
Woohoo, I did it. I apologize if you have received this award already and I just gave you seconds. But as my friend Rory said “it’s fun to get seconds.” Right? 🙂 I hope you all have a wonderful weekend or what’s left of it. I’m going for my guilty pleasure 🙂 and then bed… Hopefully, the NyQuil will help give this weary body a restful night.
Recently the lovely Tere of Tere’s World surprised me by awarding little me for two blog awards. The Kreativ Blogger Award and One Lovely Blog Award. I was very pleasantly surprised and accept these with a huge smile and a big Thank You to Tere for including me with all the other great bloggers. I don’t know about you, but I love getting awards. Not so much for the award itself but to know other bloggers out there seem to enjoy what you put out there into the blogosphere and want to let you know it. Thanks again, Tere. I really appreciate that you included me!!!
Kreativ Blogger Award Rules:
1. Link back to the one who gave you this award
2. Share 10 random facts about yourself
3. Pass the award on to 6 other people
4. Follow the persons blog who sent you it
Here are 10 random facts about myself:
1. I love eating grapes but hate raisins. They make me gag.
2. I’m a chocoholic. Any chocolate will do but I prefer German chocolate to anything else. 🙂
3. My first job was as a waitress at my parents restaurant.
4. I love learning languages and wish I would have kept up with French.
5. I love coloring with my girls. It relaxes me.
6. I know how to crochet and knit.
7. I love to read and wish I had more time for it.
8. Flip-flops are an absolute must have for me.
9. I suffer from eczema and moving to Florida and close to the ocean was the best thing for my dry skin!!!
10. I’m not a natural red-head!!! 🙂 Thank you L’Oreal!!!
The One Lovely Blog Award rules are:
1. Link back to the one who gave you this award.
2. pass the award on to 15 other lovely bloggers.
3. Follow the person who sent it to you.
Now it is my turn to award these to other amazing bloggers. Here is my list of 15!!!!
Wow. It’s so hard to figure out who to give these awards to. I have “met” so many amazing bloggers out there and want to share with each and every one of them. If you read this and have time for another cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate with marshmallows… go check some of these 15 amazing bloggy buddies out.
Thank you again, Tere, for honoring me with these awards!!! *Hugs!*